Auto Injury Treatment in Stamford
Since 1992, we've cared for thousands of patients suffering from auto injuries in Stamford, CT. Chiropractic care is the perfect approach to these kinds of injuries, and some studies have shown that over 90% of patients show improvement after a whiplash injury when getting chiropractic adjustments.
An accident subjects your body to sudden, intense motion that it wasn't intended to handle. Due to the severe forces you're subjected to, the ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscles of your body can be strained, sprained, or torn during a crash. This can result in persistent pain and impairment if not dealt with promptly.
From our practical experience and success treating car crash cases, we've seen these common symptoms in our patients:
- Headache Pain - Practically every car accident patient in our office reports headache pain, and this can have a wide range of origins, based upon on the type of injury you received.
- Back pain - Another prevalent problem in men and women and especially after a car wreck.
- Neck problems - Your cervical spine is one of the most sensitive parts of the body during a car collision, and it can very easily be sprained. In fact, most symptoms experienced after a wreck can be directly linked to injury of the cervical spine.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder can be injured by the seatbelt, the strains on your arm during a crash, or can be a secondary symptom triggered by neck injury.
- Jaw symptoms - Jaw problems (or TMJ dysfunction) are yet another common condition we see in our Stamford, CT patients, and can be tricky to diagnose. Occasionally TMJ problems doesn't show up for many weeks or months after your injury.
- Radiating pain - Radicular pain can be confirmed by numbness or prickling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many auto accident patients suffer from this symptom.
- Vertigo or Dizziness - This is a complex symptom that can also have a wide array of origins. In most cases, we find that neck injury is the primary cause of this symptom.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is yet another problem triggered by trauma to your neck during a collision.
If you're enduring any of these signs or symptoms after an automobile accident, give our office a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic care is a safe, successful, and non-invasive approach that really works for these types of injuries.
If you've been injured recently, it's essential that you seek treatment quickly. With no treatment injuries can result in reduced range of motion and the development of scar tissue, and that can lead to persistent pain and disability. Research studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the injured area can boost recovery and prevent chronic problems.
Our office is conveniently located in Stamford, CT, and we would love to help you get back on the road to health. We treat patients in Port Chester, NY as well as the rest Westchester County. Give our office a call right now at (203) 323-3002 for an appointment.