Identifying Neck Pain Symptoms
You may be experiencing neck pain and wonder whether or not all neck pain is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be experienced with a long list of other ailments. The combination of symptoms provides an idea of why you have neck pain. Here are some of the other symptoms that accompany neck soreness:
- Headache – This may occur because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or due to trigger points within the muscles that end up referring pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness shows that the muscles are preventing movement so that no added damage will occur to the fundamental structures of the cervical spine.
- Poor range of motion – Not being able to rotate your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This sign implies that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision changes – This symptom implies that injury to your neck is more than just muscle strain or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Low energy is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Dr. Banc, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Stamford, CT or Port Chester, NY call us for a consultation today at (203) 323-3002!